Get ready for those summer shorts and dresses! A sunless tanner is an easy and healthy way to get that sun-kissed glow.
Back in this past post I talked about why I decided to start using a sunless tanner. Basically when it's time to start wearing dresses and tanks, I notice how pale my legs and arms are. There is nothing wrong with that, but I just love the look of a summer glow!! But unfortunately with sitting in the sun outside comes sun spots, wrinkles and heaven forbid, skin cancer later in life. So this year I made a decision to really try and stay out of the sun when possible. To get the look of a tan, I decided to try a sunless tanning. I found Loving Tan and love it.
Their products really do give a natural looking tan that gives you immediate color but develops into a deeper tan the few hours after application. I started out using the Dark shade then switched to the Ultra Dark shade. I actually like the Ultra Dark shade better. I have been getting questions just about everyday asking about my tan! They are all surprised to find out that it's a fake tan!! Of course there is the option of going for a spray tan at the salon, but I love the convenience of doing it myself at home.
Here are some tips I've learned with applying the tanner.
1. Exfoliate - It's a must. You really need to get rid of the dry skin and make it smoother for the mousse to soak into. I use this glove to scrub my skin and remove any past tan that is left.
2. Use a mirror - The mousse provides immediate color to help you make sure the product is evenly spread. Check under arms and the back of your legs in the mirror to make sure you don't miss any spots.
3. Blend - I use this mit (use code TWOPEASINABLOG for a free mit) to apply the mousse. The key is to keep blending it in. Look for streaks as you go. I use about 3 pumps per arm/leg. Start with the main part of your arm/leg then slowly blend out to wrists, elbows, knees and ankles with what is left on the mit. Those areas really absorb the lotion, so don't overdo it! For my face, I mix a small amount of my face lotion with 1 pump of the mousse and rub it onto my face. The lotion dilutes the mousse a little so my face isn't too dark.
4. Dry - Allow the lotion to dry completely before getting dressed. It doesn't take long, about 5 min. Then dress in loose clothing.
5. Don't rinse off - Keep the lotion on for about 8 hours before rinsing off. This helps the color turn into a deeper tan. I apply the mousse at night, then sleep all night with it on. Then in the morning I just rinse it off in the shower. When you dry off, pat gently with your towel so the lotion isn't scrubbed off. I find that my color lasts about 1 week.
Hope these tips help you get the perfect sun kissed look!
(with lotion (gets darker as it dries) // without lotion)
Tanning lotion: Loving Tan // Mit: Here (use code TWOPEASINABLOG to get a free mitt with order) // Exfoliator: here // Romer: LOFT old, similar here and here
Disclaimer: I was not gifted these products. These opinions are all mine.