One of the best parts of our Christmas morning is this yummy, cinnamon filled coffee cake!
As little girls, we grew up eating this special coffee cake every Christmas morning!! It was something we looked forward to each year. I don't know where the recipe originated, but our mom has been making it for as long as we can remember. And now, all these years later, we are making it for our own families!
It's so yummy, filled with cinnamon and pecans!
Here's the recipe for you to enjoy!
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c butter
1/2 c milk
1 1/2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
2 T flour
2 t cinnamon
2 T butter, melted
1/2 chopped pecans (optional)
1. Cream the butter & sugar. Add the egg. Add the milk.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the topping/filling ingredients. (sometimes I double the filling/topping for extra cinnamon!)
5. Pour 1/2 of the batter in a greased 8x8 dish.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 of the filling on top of the batter.
7. Repeat layers.
8. Bake at 350* for 25-30 min. or until cooked through.